Thursday, December 23, 2010

A gift to share


The first time I ever tried Panettone it was at a Christmas party. I was visiting my sister-in-law in D.C. and she took me along to a party given by a very good friend of hers.
This panettone had swirls of chocolate ganache and I immediately fell in love with it. Now, every time I see it during Christmas time, it makes me think of that lovely occasion. The reason I have such fond memories of that party is because I remember the host telling me the bread had been a gift from another friend. I remember thinking what a wonderful gift for Christmas but more important, what a wonderful host to share her gift with all her guests. Since then, I always find someone to give panettone and this year was not the exception. I gave panettone to several friends and I just hope they will enjoy it with friends and family while creating sweet memories.

No comments: